Name: Lisy Kane
Years of experience: 3
Location: Melbourne, Australia
1. What are you currently reading and/or playing?
I’m currently playing Dota 2, the latest Diablo 3 patch, WoW as well as playing through the Last of Us for the first time!
2. First time you knew you wanted to work in games was…?
Playing through Mass Effect for the first time and was looking to change my degree. This is when I realised you could STUDY game design!
3. What was your favorite mistake?
Not getting a job with AAA studio after 6 months of interviews. While at the time it felt like a big failure, it meant I landed a job with the incredible indie studio I’m working at today, League of Geeks!
4. What was your favorite success?
Showcasing Armello at PAX East in 2015 and flying home to be back in the studio in time for our launch on September 1st and not sleeping for 3 days! It was one of the most stressful and rewarding experiences.
5. What’s the best advice you ever got?
Stop saying that you’re lucky; your successes are because of hard work and passion.
6. Share one thing few know about you.
I’ve played in bands for years and have released multiple recordings – for the longest time I wanted to make a living being in a touring band.
7. What’s one thing or trend you’re most excited about in the industry?
eSports! I’m excited to see more women get involved with this huge movement. Wanna play Dota? Talk to me!
Feel free to reblog with a link back to this post. If you are a lady dev who’d like to be profiled or would like to nominate one, please contact Anne [at] igda [dot] org